No products in the cart.
Though many are interested in using non-iron shirts and other garments, it may seem inconvenient for some to handle such garments especially when it comes to washing. There are lots of things that you must keep in mind especially when you are aiming to keep the shirt clean and free from any wrinkles at the same time. If you are one of those people who are interested with purchasing non-iron shirts, the following are some of the don’ts on how to wash a non-iron shirt:
- Never stuff these garments when the machine is already overloaded.
Aside from the fact that the shirt will never get cleaned just as you want to, the crushing between wet fabrics will cause the wrinkles on the shirt. If possible, you can wash it with similar fabrics and let the machine have enough space for washing all clothes where detergent and water is evenly distributed.
- Never use hot water for washing the shirt or even dry it with the hot setting on your dryer.
No matter how fast you want the shirt to dry after washing, it is best that you do not let it expose with excess heat, as it will cause the wrinkles to stay on the permanent press fabric.
Keep these precautions in mind to keep your non-iron shirt at its best condition and not get any damage.
Proper Steps on How to Wash a Non-Iron Shirt
There are proper ways that you must keep in mind when washing non-iron shirts starting from the things you need to every step of washing the shirts.
What You Need:
- Stan remover spray or stick
- A capful or scoop of mild laundry detergent
- Your washing machine
- Check the shirt for any stains. Once you find any stubborn stains, rub it with the stain remover on the very spot where the stain is, or squirt some stain remover on the area.
- Pour the detergent on the washing machine on the spot where the water is filling. This is the best way of letting the detergent mix immediately with the water and dissolving it quickly.
- Turn the machine on after setting it for warm water. Wait until it fills at least half before putting the shirt in the soapy water.
- Let the machine finish both washing and rinsing cycle.
- Transfer it in the dryer and adjust it on a permanent press or on a low heating setting. Finish the cycle before removing the shirt.
- After removing from the dryer, drape it immediately over a hanger while making sure it is hanging straight. Let it hang to prevent it from wrinkling till you are about to wear it.
By following these steps, you are going to prevent the shirt from wrinkling and keep it in its best condition.
If your shirt comes with instructions on how to properly launder it, make sure that you follow the instructions and avoid exposing it to any strong detergent or any excess heat. When hand washing, follow the same instructions, but wash it lightly. Squeeze it instead of wringing and hang it straight on a hanger to air dry.